jbrotherlove (one word, lowercase preferred); web designer/developer. blogger. music connoisseur. afro-buddhist. social critic. gourmand. defender of lgbtpoc.
I began writing on the web in the mid-90’s, hand-coding my personal site. From there, I switched to Movable Type which I used for many years. Some years ago I switched to Wordpress. And now, Statamic. Who knows what’s next?
But you want to know more about me, don’t you?
- has been writing online since 1996
- gained notoriety at thebrotherlove.com, blogging about pop sub/culture, independent media, race and sexuality from a black, gay perspective
- loves a great dining experience
- blogged for Window Media publications (Washington Blade, Southern Voice, New York Blade and Express South Florida) before the bottom fell out
- is allergic to shellfish
- moderated a panel titled Black Blogging Rockstars at SXSW 2010
- self-published urbanerotica, a collection of erotic short stories
- has been a judge for The Black Weblog Awards
- listens to hours of music everyday and is a last.fm junkie
- loves to beta test new web apps, social networks and restaurants
- joined Twitter in 2006
- moderated a discussion on The DL Chronicles in Atlanta in 2008
- reads Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland at least once a year for inspiration
- spoke at Sex 2.0, a conference focusing on the intersection of social media, feminism, and sexuality
- helped found BLACKlines, Windy City Media’s LGBT paper for African Americans in Chicago
- edited & co-published shaft, an erotic journal
- will add more later